Lebanon Mayor’s Office
Current Initiatives & Projects
There are four initiatives that Mayor Lewis has allotted much of his time. Those are,
- promoting the community
- planning for future growth
- enforcing ordinances currently on the books
- improving the gateways into the community
The projects that are currently being addressed by this administration are:
- City Planner came on board September 8, 2008
- Gateway Committee is meeting monthly and they have an engineering firm on board to work with them in setting priorities and scope of work.
- We are in the final stages of updating the Web-site for the city.
- Annexation of the I-65 corridor from the southern most point of Lebanon to the IN-267 interchange is in its final stages. This will add approximately 3675 acres to the city which is crucial to the economic growth of the area.
- Our Planning and Zoning Department is working on an unsafe building ordinance and they are continuing to address those who are not following the ordinances that we currently have on the book for the city.
- We are in the beginning stages of producing a promotional video for the City of Lebanon which will provide a tool for promoting this community as well as planning for economic development of the area.
- The Mayor’s Citizens Advisory Committee has been meeting and have two initiative that will be introduced in October.
Accomplishments and highlights:
New additions to retail business:
- Penn Station
- Walmart Super Center
- Gibby’s Donuts
- Festool USA / Lebanon Business Park
- J.M. McCormick